Explorers Before Care
- What is it?
- Who can attend?
- Where is it held?
- Enrollment Options, Drop-In Information and Fees
- How to make changes to enrollment?
- Important Dates
- How do I obtain receipts for taxes and Dependent Care Reimbursement?
- Toddlers, Beginners and Pre-K students are housed in the Agora Room in the EC wing of SMES.
- Parents must enter the main school entrance at Warrior Hall, escort their student(s) to this room, and sign them in.
Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- Kindergarten through 8th-grade students are housed in the Commons/lunchroom in Warrior Hall.
- Students must enter the main school entrance at Warrior Hall, and they do not need to be escorted down.
- Once in the Commons, students will sign themselves in, and the time is noted.
- For those enrolled for the semester only.
- NO DROP-INS the first week of school.
AM Explorers is in operation on half/early dismissal days.
There is no Explorers programming when school is not in session.
Activity centers are available on various tables, offering manipulatives, drawing/coloring, games, and space for those who want to do homework or read. Once school begins, the Kindergarten students are escorted to their classroom and the others are released to their classes on their own.
- This enrollment option is for the fall semester, from August through December, and then for the spring semester, from January through May.
- This option is best when set days of care are required.
- Enrollment is due by July 1, prior to the start of the school year, to plan for the upcoming year.
- We accept changes to the schedules until the end of September; at that point, we do not accept new enrollments or make changes to schedules.
- It will require you to create an account.
- Please make a note of your login and password.
- Fees are billed per semester in September and February.
- This method is for your occasional need, including emergencies or events that fall outside of your regular schedule.
- Only one student per form.
- Only one day per form.
- Dates can be entered in advance.
- Use the "Additional Information" section to give specific information such as carpool numbers, playdate information, pick-up person's name, etc.
- Email your child's teacher with the information about their drop-in.
- Once Explorers opens the form, we will respond that it was received.
- Block billing means you will receive your bill after the end of the month drop-ins are incurred.
- Go to the account you created here.
- Enter your login and password.
- Select or deselect the options you need to change or enter in changes.
- Explorers personnel will receive an email when changes have been made, respond that the changes have been received, and make the appropriate adjustments.
- If changes cannot be made online please contact Maria Canty at email@example.com.
Go the drop-in form and resubmit what needs to be changed or canceled.
Use the notes section if needed.
Please contact for information about Explorers, enrichment or holiday camp:
- Morries Walker, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-237-4260 x 729.
- Maria Canty, Asst. Director at email@example.com or 404-237-4260 x 728.
After 3:00 pm we can be reached at the Explorers cell phone at 404-421-7697.
- No drop-ins are accepted during the first week of school.
- Morning Explorers is help on school half-days.
- July 1 - deadline for enrollments for the upcoming school year.
- September 30 - deadline for new enrollments or changes for the fall semester. Only drop-in care is available after that date.
- December 1 - last day of school before the Christmas holiday is the deadline for - changes to schedules or cancellations for spring semester. January 31 - deadline for enrollments or changes for the spring semester. Only drop-in care is available after that date.
- Billing from the business office will be sent out in September for the fall semester.
- Billing from the business office will be sent out in February for the spring semester.
How to obtain receipts for taxes and Dependent Care Reimbursement
If you have a Dependent Care Reimbursement plan and need a receipt for summer camp, enrichment classes and/or Explorers after care, please find the session you need by following the procedures listed below.
Log into your FACTS account and choose the option to View Details.
Choose View Payment Summary.
Select the year 202X in the drop down and click Print. Note our Federal Tax ID prints in the top right corner of the report. Federal Tax ID: 58-1495174
Alternatively, to print only Explorers information, select Transactions and use the drop down boxes to filter the specific Explorers information desired. This will show the Dates in Service (these are also on the invoice you are sent from the FACTS system).
If your Employer needs more information on the Explorers program, please click here for more information.
For Summer Camp, Holiday Camp or Enrichment Receipts::
After logging in, click the red button with the wording "View Registration Details"
On the next page find the section on the right titled "Financial" and click the hyperlink that reads "Download Printable Season Account Statement"